Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans of Harry Potter :)

I was rummaging through my memento stuff when I came across a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans --- yes, that wacky treat that Harry Potter and friends usually buy on the train on the way to Hogwarts and it is actually available to real life Muggles! (read: YOU and ME)



I was able to try the "treat" way back 2007 and I would like to take you with me back in time to remember how the experience went haha :)

My Bertie Bott's was given to me by a friend from her US trip. Initially, the selfish-me didn't want to share, the Harry-Potter-fanatic-me simply wanted to keep it as a memento, but the persistent-and-excited-me opened the candy box and gave me no option but to eat the contents. Wise move though because I realized that had I not shared it to my siblings and finished everything instead, I would be vomiting for days and lose my appetite indefinitely.

You'd understand why, sure some flavors were acceptable (and even delicious), such as blueberry, buttered popcorn, cherry, cinnamon, grape, lemon drop, sausage, toasted marshmallow and my personal favorite- tutti fruitti, but then the rest are truly horrible, aaarghhh, black pepper, booger, dirt, earthworm, earwax, grass, pickle, rotten egg, sardine, soap, and vomit!

My siblings and I were laughing so hard trying the horrible flavors and imagining that we were actually eating the real thing, (yucky, I feel like throwing up just thinking of the gruesome flavors!)
My brother literally vomitted when he tasted the vomit and rotten egg flavors. He shuddered with the idea of eating sardine-flavored candy, well according to him, sardine's ok, but as candy?!!ewness!:)) As for me, swallowing the yucky flavors was definitely impossible to do, hence, the garbage plastic became the unwilling recipient of my (and my siblings') candy spits.:))

When my parents arrived, we decided to "make fun" of them hehe, by letting them taste the yucky flavors. My mom wasn't able to withstand it, she gave up after the vomit flavor, but my dad continued the fight. We turned it into a guessing game, asking my dad to have a taste first and then guess what's the flavor. Oh boy! It was truly a laugh trip for all of us especially with dad's reaction to the flavors.:))

Needless to say, it was truly an unforgettable experience for all of us!:)

Until now, I still wonder if such candy can be purchased here in the Philippines?:)) If you ever get hold of one, go on, do not be afraid, TRY!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment